My interest in this Swami comes from knowing Dean Ornish is a follower....
CredoManifestos relating to religious belief are described as Credos. "Easeful, peaceful and useful" was the simple motto of Yogiraj Sri Swami Satchidananda.
Integral Yoga believes:
.The goal and the birthright of all individuals is to realize the spiritual unity behind the diversity throughout creation and to live harmoniously as members of "one universal family". This goal is achieved by the maintaining of our natural condition as:
Attain this through asanas, pranayama, the chanting of holy names, self-discipline, selfless action, mantra japa, meditation, study, and reflection.
- a body of optimal health and strength,
- senses under total control,
- a mind well disciplined, clear, and calm,
- an intellect as sharp as a razor,
- a will as strong and pliable as steel,
- a heart full of unconditional love and compassion,
- an ego as pure as crystal, and
- a life filled with supreme peace, joy and bliss.
- ^ Sri Swami Satchidananda, The Healthy Vegetarian, Integral Yoga Publications, third edition, 1994, p. 115.
- ^ a b Swami Satchidananda: His Biography, Straight Arrow Books, First Edition, 1970.
- ^ Attendance at Woodstock
- ^ Integral Yoga Institute
- ^ Trademark history 1
- ^ Trademark history 2
- ^ Overton McGehee (August 2, 1991). "Ex-followers Say Swami Demanded Sexual Favors". Richmond Times-Dispatch: p. B-1.
- ^ Lisa Provence (August 22, 2002). "Final rites: Yoga master dies teaching peace in India". The Hook.
- ^ Overton McGehee (August 3, 1991). "Swami Is Silent On Interruption 'Not The Appropriate Place'". Richmond Times-Dispatch: p. B-1.