Vegetarian Ideal


Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.
- Albert Einstein

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Buddhist Images

Image 


Image


Image





Image


Image



Image 

Image

 Image
Contentment with whatever little one has!


Image 


 Image


Image


Image 

The blessed Buddha once said:

Mind precedes and initiates all phenomena!
Mind is their chief, mind is their maker...
When one speaks or performs an action
with a mind, that is internally all pure,
then happiness and pleasure follows,
like a shadow that never departs...
Dhammapada 1

Image
 Image



 Image

Image


Image

 Image

Image
The over 2000 years old Bodhi Tree in Ceylon.


On such Full-Moon Uposatha Poya Observance days:
Any Lay Buddhist simply joins the Three Refuges & undertakes the
Five Precepts like this: Newly bathed, shaved, white-clothed, with
clean bare feet, one kneels at a shrine with a Buddha-statue, and
bows first three times, so that feet, hands, elbows, knees & head
touch the floor. Then, with joined palms at the heart, one recites
these memorized lines in a loud, calm & steady voice:

As long as this life lasts:
I hereby take refuge in the Buddha.
I hereby take refuge in the Dhamma.
I hereby take refuge in the Sangha.
I hereby seek shelter in the Buddha for the 2nd time.
I hereby seek shelter in the Dhamma for the 2nd time.
I hereby seek shelter in the Sangha for the 2nd time.
I hereby request protection from the Buddha for the 3rd time.
I hereby request protection from the Dhamma for the 3rd time.
I hereby request protection from the Sangha for the 3rd time.

I will hereby respect these Three Jewels the rest of my life!


I accept to respect & undertake these 5 training rules:
I hereby accept the training rule of avoiding all Killing.
I hereby accept the training rule of avoiding all Stealing.
I hereby accept the training rule of avoiding all Sexual Abuse.
I hereby accept the training rule of avoiding all Dishonesty.
I hereby accept the training rule of avoiding all Alcohol & Drugs.

As long as this life lasts, I am thus protected by these 5 precepts...


Image


I am a friend and helper to all,
I am sympathetic to all living beings.
I develop a mind full of love and
delights always in harmlessness.
I gladden my mind, fill it with joy,
makes it immovable and unshakable.
I develop the divine states of mind
not cultivated by simple men.
Theragatha. 648-9



Image



Image

Image



Image 



Image



Image



Image


Image
Divorced from Possessiveness, Egoism, Clinging and Frustration!


Image 


 Image


Image



How can one ever Succeed, when Never having Started?

Image

The Blessed Buddha once said:
Bhikkhus, those who have neglected to begin this Noble 8-fold Way,
have failed to develop the Noble Method, which destroys Suffering!
While those who having indeed begun this Noble 8-fold Way, have
indeed also initiated the Noble Method, which destroys all Suffering!
And what, Bhikkhus, is this Noble 8-fold Way? It is simply this:

1: Right View (samma-ditthi)
2: Right Motivation  (samma-sankappa)
3: Right Speech  (samma-vaca)
4: Right Action  (samma-kammanta)
5: Right Livelihood  (samma-ajiva)
6: Right Effort  (samma-vayama)
7: Right Awareness  (samma-sati)
8: Right Concentration  (samma-samadhi)


Bhikkhus, those who have failed even to start on this Noble 8-fold Way,
have failed to cultivate that Noble Method, which destroys all Suffering!
While those, who have really started on this Noble 8-fold Way, have
indeed also made the first move capable of destroying all Suffering!
 

 Image



Image


Image


Image



Image

Image

Image

Image


Image




Image


Image


Image


Image


Image

Image


Image


Image


Image 


Image


Image


Image


 Image



 untitled (2)


Image


Image


Image


Image




Image



Image

Image


Image

Image

Image

Image


Image





Image
















No comments:

Post a Comment